Tuesday, February 9, 2010

We're Finally in The Bahamas...South Bimini to be Exact!


The alarms went off at 4 a.m. and we readied the boat for 5 a.m. launch. It was dark and we put on the deck light so Chuck could see to pull the anchor. I was at the helm.

Here's Bum's Rest getting ready to pull anchor.

It was a little rough seeing in the dark for the first hour and fifteen minutes or so. As the sun came up, we could pick up a little speed. It was easy to follow Wayne out in the dark, but we lost him not long after the sun came out and didn't see him much for the rest of the day. We ran a slightly different course and he ended up a few miles ahead of us. So much for safety in numbers!


The sunrise was pretty!



The water was a deep navy blue. It was beautiful. In some spots it was more than 2,000 feet deep!

Jazzy and I both got seasick. I heaved twice overboard, then laid in the cockpit from 12:30 p.m. until our 5 p.m. arrival.

We are on a floating dock at Bimini Sands Resort and Marina. I'm exhausted, so I'll try to update more tomorrow. We're here for three days and there's free wi-fi, so I should have a connection.

No cell phones for two months, while in the Bahamas.

I cooked beef stew for dinner tonight. We're going to breakfast at a restaurant here in the morning. Sleeping in after a rough day on the water! Then the guys have to go into Customs. I filled out all the paperwork. There's a $150 feet for boats under 35 ft.

No comments:

Post a Comment