Sunday, October 4, 2009

Settled in Cape May

The fog lifted enough by 10:30 a.m. that we eased out of Brigantine to test the waters. Visibility was only  about a half mile when we left. It was a little nerve racking for the first hour or so, but by 1 p.m. visibility was about 3 miles and we could see the coastline.

Winds were about 22 knots by 3 p.m. so the ocean was a little rough, but we were fine. I wore my wristband and took some ginger and that helped a bit. I ate a few saltines to keep the nausea to a minimum.

Jazzy laid on my lap with our stadium blanket over both of us to help block the wind.

We're settled at Utsch's Marina for the night. I went for takeout at the Lobster House while Chuck hosed down the boat. I took Jazzy for a nice long walk. We're headed for the bath house for a nice hot shower and will return to check the weather for tomorrow while enjoying a glass of wine, compliments of Utsch's.

Will keep you posted.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy,

    Mark and I were on the OC beach today. Could see lots of sailboats on the horizon. Did I see you pass by? We left around 3:35 or so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kathy,
    Utsch's is our favorite marina in Cape May and we always take the dinghy over to the Lobster House while we are docked there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Kath, you probably did see us. We got a late start b/c we were socked in with fog.

    ReplyDelete