Saturday, November 28, 2009

Spending Two days in Stuart with Friends

We are on our way to Stuart to visit Alan & Patti Blumberg and John Conover. We'll be there tonight and tomorrow.

My hand is very swollen but looking better. I can't wait to get the bandage off! It's so tight that I think it's causing more discomfort than the incision. I believe I can take it off Monday but can't get the hand wet for five days after that. I have to call the surgeon on Monday and e-mail him pictures so he can evaluate my progress.

We caught up with Bum's Rest yesterday and are traveling with them. Patti made dinner last night, my first real meal since Tuesday. She made salmon with mac and cheese and peas and it was delicious! Tonight we are going to Alan and Patti's for dinner and John is coming too.

I'm learning to do things with my left hand, but cannot help on the boat. Chuck is afraid I will fall or lose balance and I can't grab anything with my right hand. I have to keep it up and iced. Very frustrating. Occasionally I take the wheel so he can do the lines, fenders, etc.

Looking forward to seeing our friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment