Monday, November 2, 2009

We're in Oriental, NC, for the night

We left 7 a.m. for Oriental, NC. It was a cold, overcast day. We wore rain gear and I put on my long underwear and Uggs to keep warm.

A trawler passed us on the water and called us on the radio. They are live aboards from Ocean City, NJ, and have family at our marina, Cha-Ching. He is a retired land surveyor.

I read a book all day (Wild Nights) and we pulled into Oriental about 2:10 a.m. We walked up the street to Inland Waterway Provisions and bought a fire extinguisher b/c one of ours is in the red and I bought a long-sleeve shirt.

Patti and I took the dogs to the outdoor Tiki Bar and had a rum punch. Yum!

Getting ready to pay my bills online. Missing my friends at the NCMPR Dist. I conference.

Either Beaufort or Moorehead City tomorrow. The guys are discussing it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment