Sunday, January 10, 2010

Bundled Up in Marathon

We're bundled up in Marathon. It's freezing!

Yesterday, I stayed in my PJs all day...it was too cold to even think about a shower or getting changed. I stayed in the boat and played on the computer, read some, listened to my iPod and danced in the cabin. Have to get exercise somehow! LOL.


Today, Chuck is changing the oil and filters. It's a pain because he has to rip the bed apart to get to the back of the motor. Jazzy and I are trying to stay out of the way. Not an easy feat in such close quarters. If you look at the picture closely, you can see Chuck in the bedroom behind the motor. The belt to the water pump was chewed up, so he replaced that too.

The boat is rocking from all the wind. Temp is about 48, but wind chill makes it much colder. Winds are 16-18 from the North, with gusts up to 34 knots. I'm looking out the window at white caps in the harbor!

Chuck keeps saying we ended up in the wrong Florida. We wanted to go to the WARM Florida!

I'm cooking tonight...meaty pork ribs with spaghetti. I made it last week and let it simmer for a few hours and put it in the freezer because we were eating out so much. It's defrosting now. I was going to go to Publix for bread, but don't think I'll get there. I'll make a salad too. Strawberries for dessert.

Think warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment