Monday, January 18, 2010

In Boot Key Harbor for Another Week; Weather Not Cooperating

The weather is not cooperating for crossing to the Bahamas, so we're hanging out in Boot Key Harbor, Marathon, for another week. Or the best part of it, anyway. It's as good a place as any to be and you can't beat the price. Only problem is, you have to take the dinghy to get off the boat. But we're used to that at this point. Chuck and I bought Boot Key Harbor shirts. They're pretty neat...they have a drawing of the harbor on the back.

Weather is mid to high 60s today. I sat on the foredeck and read a Nora Roberts novel. I was wearing cropped jeans and a T-shirt and was a little chilly, so put on a sweatshirt. Jazzy laid next to me in her little life jacket. I read two Danielle Steel novels in the past week. It's great to have time to read. While I was outside, Chuck got out his keyboard and played a few tunes. I opened the hatch so I could enjoy it outside.

Chuck broke his little toe on his left foot yesterday. The man who never goes without shoes went on deck shoeless yesterday to do a few things and jammed his toe, twice. It's black and blue today. They don't do anything for a broken toe anyway, so he won't get it looked at.

Saturday, after a day of doing laundry, we went to Key Fisheries for Happy Hour, 5-7 p.m. We had a few drinks and a dozen stone crab claws at the bar, then went downstairs to the restaurant for lobster. I had a whole grilled lobster with mashed potatoes and veggies. Delicious. Chuck had broiled lobster tail.

Last night I cooked steak, baked potatoes and asparagus for dinner. Tonight Patti made salad and cooked shrimp and spaghetti. She made mint brownies in her oven and added pudding and cool whip to it for dessert. Yum.

We're hoping to go sailing tomorrow. The boat hasn't moved in nearly three weeks. I'm getting antsy. I was hoping to be in the Bahamas by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment