Saturday, November 2, 2013

In St. Augustine, FL, in New Mooring Field

We woke up during the night a few times to the sound of rain pounding above our heads. It was going to be a wet morning. Yuk. It can’t always be a beautiful sunrise!

I made scrambled eggs, bacon, toast and coffee for breakfast. Chuck pulled anchor about 7:50 a.m. and we were off to a rainy start.

I put a trash bag over a cushion and sat on that. When I got tired of the rain, I went below with Jazzy. At 10 a.m., I decided to give her a bath. It was time for her Frontline and she can’t have a bath for 5 days afterward, so I wanted to give her a bath first since she sleeps with me.

Then I made the skipper and I hot chocolate.

It rained off and on all day. We had the dodger window opened so we could see.

Chuck took a shower while we were in the narrow section of Tolomato River, while I was at the helm. We went through the 1:30 p.m. opening of the Bridge of Lions in St. Augustine, then pulled into the municipal marina to top off fuel, water and get pumpout.

We’re hooked on our assigned mooring ball, #39.

We got settled, put the motor on the dinghy, and Chuck took Jazzy and I up to the marina’s laundry and I threw two loads in. After I put them in the dryer, we walked around a few blocks of the historic district and circled back around.

We dinghied back to the boat when the laundry was done and had soup for dinner…corn chowder for me and red crab for Chuck.


Tomorrow my niece, Lynn Leite McKenzie, is joining us for lunch. I can’t wait to see her!
Hauling in the anchor in the pouring rain this morning.

This huge container ship passed us this morning.

Navy ship

Jazzy after her bath

Sheet Music on Mooring #39

The setting sun shining on the harbor.

1 comment:

  1. Just pulled into Swansboro - a land day from Oriental....looking forward to St Augustine...

    ReplyDelete