Friday, November 8, 2013

Moored in Vero Beach; Surprised to See Empty Moorings Here

We left Melbourne around 7:45 a.m. and arrived at the Vero Beach Municipal Marina/Mooring Field at 11:40 a.m. We needed pump out, and it’s free here. So we had to circle around for half an hour because their city dock is small and they had a fishing boat getting fuel. There was another sailboat ahead of us waiting to fuel up.

We didn’t get fuel, because we are carrying 15 gallons in jerry jugs and Chuck wanted to use them since our destination is Stuart (at least for now) and we’ll be there tomorrow.

I napped a good part of the day because the flexeril I’m taking for my back is making me sleepy. I still can’t sit for very long, so I’m lying down most of the time.

There were dolphins playing around our boat after we grabbed mooring #54 in the south field. The last time we were here, each mooring had two or three boats on it. This time, there are empty moorings and no one is "buddied up."

I made home fries and boneless pork chops for dinner with applesauce.


Tomorrow: Stuart, FL

A barge passing us.

Waiting for pump out.

Chuck made new lines for the dinghy.

No comments:

Post a Comment