Sunday, October 20, 2013

Left Anchorage; Fueled up in Oriental and Pushed on to Beaufort, NC

Last night I added Sirius Internet Radio while in our anchorage in Belhaven, so I can get it on my phone to listen to the Notre Dame games while we’re anchored out without running the boat battery down. It’s a good thing I didn’t upgrade my phone before we left. I still have unlimited data and will lose that when I upgrade. Chuck was happy to listen to the game last night.

Brrr. It was cold this morning….just 59 degrees. We pulled anchor and by 7 a.m. were on our way to Oriental, NC. We were hoping to anchor there. The forecast was for 65 degrees and cloudy.

We left the Pungo River at 9 a.m. and entered the Pamlico River, which led to a canal. We went through Goose Creek and Bay River to the Neuse River. There was 14 knots of wind in the Neuse River, so we sailed for a while. We saw lots of shrimp boats, both docked and heading out.

At 1:30 p.m., we pulled into Oriental Marina and Inn for fuel. We stayed there last trip. But it was early, the sun had come out and it was beautiful. I wanted to keep going, so we called Beaufort Docks to make a reservation, fueled up and pulled out for Beaufort.

We saw several pods of dolphins today, but I didn’t get a good picture. I read Chuck Barris' book titled, Della, A Memoir of My Daughter. Sad, sad story, but a good book.

Chuck put on Sirius Radio and we listened to the Eagles game, then switched to the Patriots game.

We arrived at Beaufort Docks at 5:20 p.m. We saw wild horses on Carrot Island while approaching the harbor.

I took Jazzy for a walk to check in. Then Chuck took her for a longer walk, while I took a shower. I walked to the little grocery store (not much there) while he took a shower. Then we walked up and had dinner at Ribeye’s. I had an a la carte grilled boneless pork chop and the unlimited salad bar. Chuck had two skewers of grilled shrimp with baked potato and Texas toast. Delish!


Tomorrow:  Camp LeJeune, NC

One of many shrimp boats we saw today.

Another shrimp boat. Wish I had some fresh shrimp!

Oriental Marina where we got fuel and left for Beaufort, NC

My Marilyn passed us on the water. They are docked here too.

Look real hard and you'll see the one dolphin picture that I (almost) captured.

AIWW Railroad Bridge, next to the
Beaufort Channel U.S. Rt. 70 Highway Bridge. 

A large tanker docked.

Renegade...neat looking boat.

Beaufort Docks restaurants and shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment