Sunday, October 27, 2013

Mmmm. Fresh Shrimp at B & B Seafood in Green Pond, SC

We left Charleston around 7:30 a.m. The Cooper River was eerily smooth. We went through Wappoo Creek Bridge at 8:30 a.m. I was tired, so I napped during the day. Not much going on today. We DID see lots of dolphins, though.

We had planned to anchor tonight, but it was too early when we got to the anchorage, so we are staying at B & B Seafood dock. We stayed here when we traveled with Bum’s Rest. It’s only $25 for the night and they sell fresh shrimp. I bought 3 lbs. and made a new dish for dinner. It was delicious!

I peeled the shrimp, sprinkled them with fresh ground pepper, kosher salt and a little fresh lemon juice. Then I sautéed fresh minced garlic with a pinch of paprika in olive oil, added the shrimp, turned them over. Then I added diced tomatoes, chopped artichoke hearts, a little lemon zest and a little lemon  juice. I added crumbled feta cheese and mixed in Farfalle pasta. I let it sit covered while we ate our Caesar salad and that helped melt the feta.

I also discovered that if I boil water, dump the pasta in and turn off the burner, I can cover it tightly and the pasta cooks in the hot water and it saves propane!


Tomorrow: Beaufort, SC (pronounced Bew-fort, not to be confused with Beaufort, NC, pronounced Bow-fort)
The sunrise leaving Charleston Maritime Center

This tug was moving a water tower in three pieces.

It was also being pushed by another tug

Tonight's dinner. Yummm.

2 comments:

  1. Wow that looks good, Did you save me some?? LOL. Anyway, we were wondering if you were going to the B & B Shrimp dock. Still looks the same..rustic?? Didn't go out today, blowing 15knots. Loaded up dock boxes, unbrellas, engle freezer into truck. :( anywho...Young Wayne and my parents came to our house. I had made pasta fagioli, oh was that goooooood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We hadn't planned on it, but glad we went. The shrimp were small, but fresh and delicious! And I filled my freezer. Miss you!!!!

    ReplyDelete