Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Norfolk Overnight; Laundry Done; Tomorrow: Virginia Cut

Chuck started hauling the anchor and kellett at 6:35 a.m. I made breakfast and coffee. At 7:15 a.m. he pulled the second anchor and we were off for Norfolk. While we were letting the dinghy line out, we saw dolphins dancing behind the dinghy. By the time I grabbed a camera, they were too far away.

The sun peaking through the clouds this morning.
Reseating the fuel filter.
He checked the engine when we left the Jackson Creek anchorage and all seemed fine. He checked it a half hour later and the fuel filter was leaking. I turned off the engine and Chuck reseated the filter. Still not good. Turned the engine off again. So he tried reseating the O-ring gasket and it was good that time.

I realized that I never called State Farm to suspend our insurance on our vehicles, so I called and made it effective when we left. That will save us 40 percent on our insurance premium.

Today was the first sunny day that we had since we went through the Delaware 10 days ago. It was a beautiful day on the water. I took a shower while we were underway, then was in short sleeves and capris. It was 72 degrees when we arrived at Norfolk.

One of many ships passing us.
We had planned on anchoring at Hospital Point, but we needed a few groceries, a pumpout, fuel and I had four loads of laundry to do. So at 11:15 a.m., I called Tidewater Yacht and reserved a slip.

Hospital Point where we would have anchored,
had we not needed so much today!
We pulled in at 3:45 p.m. for pumpout and fuel. Then we moved to our slip, F9, the second pier. They have three washers and four dryers, so it took me until 6:30 p.m. to get it all done. While I was making the trek back and forth to the laundry, I heard a good singer on the deck upstairs. So when the laundry was done and put away, Chuck and I went up for dinner and a few drinks.

Tomorrow we need to get to the Gilmerton Bridge for the 9:30 a.m. opening, so we’ll head out of here by 8:30 a.m.


Destination: Virginia Cut/Coinjock.

1 comment:

  1. Have a great travel day you guys. It's going up yo 76 here. Say Hi to the dolphins (flippers) Sailor loved looking for them. Miss him so much ;( Keep safe love yahoo, Patti

    ReplyDelete