Monday, December 14, 2009

At Burdine's in Marathon

We are at Burdine's Waterfront Marina in Marathon. It was only about 10 miles to get here from Bahia Harbor.

We anchored front and rear in shallow water to take photos yesterday and never moved the boats back to deeper water. Overnight during low tide, the shallow alarm kept going off and it was shallower than the previous low tide.

We tried to pull the back anchor to the front of the boat figuring it would split the difference and pull us to deeper water, but it didn't get a good hold in the coral. So we pulled one anchor and left the other with a fender to mark its location. We then motored to deeper water and reanchored with the plow. Chuck took the dinghy to retrieve the other anchor and fender.

After we were settled again, we took Jazzy and the dinghy to Bahia Honda Park to .buy breakfast and a few souvenir items. The ride over was a little choppy with a following sea. On the way back, I served as the dodger and my back got soaked several times as waves splashed over the bow. Luckily, it was warm already and I was wearing a bathing suit and shorts. I rinsed my shorts out in the sink and hung them on the railing to dry. My pocketbook got drenched too and I washed it in the sink.


We went through seven-mile bridge. When we got to Burdine's in Marathon, I did laundry and tossed the pocketbook in to spin, then dried it with the laundry. I can't believe how much time and money I've spent on doing laundry this trip!


We took naps and then showered for dinner, which we ate on Burdine's upper deck.

We sat and talked for a while and came back to the boats around 9 p.m.

We plan to stay here for two nights, then move to a mooring ball through Christmas. We'll probably hit a few stores tomorrow. I need to buy Christmas decorations for the boat!

No comments:

Post a Comment