Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy 2010 to You!


Last night, we walked down the other end of town to the "wild" side and boy did we see some sights! Here's a guy who was dancing outside a bar trying to get others to come in. His mother would be so proud!

Well, went to the Annual Dachshund Parade to support Jazzy's boyfriend, Sailor. I didn't know there were so many different kinds of dachshunds!






Here's a photo of Wayne and Sailor at the parade starting point.



I took some photos, then met up with Patti and we spent the day shopping. I bought a beautiful Australian Opal and diamond ring with my retirement gift money given to me by my co-workers. I saw it three days ago and just haven't seen anything close to it, so I went back and tried it on again and took the plunge. I love it. And it's something I can wear every day and think of them!

We are going to dinner around 8 p.m. to Pepe's, the oldest restaurant in Key West. Then we're off to some of the festivities in town. There's three events in town: the big red shoe drop with the drag queen parade, near Bourbon St. Pub; the Conch shell drop from Sloppy Joe's; and the wench drop from the mast of the big schooner right near our boat.

We'll join the Bumms for dinner. Wayne wants to see the Conch shell drop; Patti and I want to see the red shoe drop, but don't really feel like dealing with thousands of people; and Chuck wants to watch the wench drop with a view from our boat, so we're still trying to decide what to do. I went to bed too late last night and am tired, so will probably stay on the boat with Chuck and watch the festivities in the harbor.

1 comment: