Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Having Fun in Key West

Our hearts were with our kids and the entire Smith Family today as they attended the funeral of their grandfather, Forrest "Jerry" Smith, who passed on Christmas Eve morning. We love you guys!



We're having fun in Key West. Patti and I took Jazzy for a long walk through town yesterday and did a lot of shopping. We bought a few shirts and a pair of shorts. We found the post office and I dropped my mail in. Then we walked over the where the cruise ships dock and saw some of the entertainers.

I'm looking for a piece of jewelry to buy with my retirement gift from my co-workers. I found a gorgeous ring that I may go back and buy. I'm going to do more shopping tomorrow first to be sure.

On the way back to the boat, we saw this twisted mimosa tree.


Chuck is taking an excursion to the Dry Tortugas on Yankees Freedom II, the national park ferry tomorrow, to see Fort Jefferson. I'm going to stay behind and do some laundry and some shopping.


Yesterday, we went to Sloppy Joe's to listen to some blues. Chuck was in his glory watching the piano player in the Old Geezers Band. We even bought two of his CDs. I had a Sloppy Joe special and a couple rum runners. Chuck had a hoagie.




Today, we took Jazzy for a dinghy ride and explored around Key West. We checked out the mooring field owned by the city and the other marinas and anchorages. It was a wet ride. I'm glad I had on my rain gear!

Tonight we're going back to Sloppy Joe's to listen to the Pete and Wayne comedy show...if we can get a seat!



Look at all the birds on this boat and dinghy!
There are lots of abandoned boats anchored here.

No comments:

Post a Comment