Friday, December 18, 2009

Windy, Rainy in Boot Key Harbor

We were up at 4:30 a.m. with lightning and rain. Jazzy sensed it coming before it hit and was in full panic mode. I put on her calming collar and in five minutes she calmed right down. I love that collar!

We are getting some rain this morning and winds are around 20 knots, gusting to 25. The brunt of the storm is going around us...again. We've really lucked out with weather this trip.

Patti is cooking tonight, so it will probably be a wet dinghy ride to their boat, which is just on the next mooring ball.

I'm hoping to finish reading my book today. Chuck has a few projects to work on around the boat. I may do a little cleaning. We'll see how the hand handles it.

Tomorrow, we're planning on spending the day with Bill Kerstetter and his girlfriend and will take them to dinner. Sunday I need to replenish supplies at Publix.

Nothing exciting going on. Bought a few things at West Marine for Christmas yesterday. I made an Elf Yourself card of Chuck, me, Patti & Wayne. See link. http://elfyourself.jibjab.com/view/B3sczuyclBq9lCWl

5 comments:

  1. Might that be one of my herbal Calming Collars? I see you bought one this summer! Your blog post came up on one of my "google alerts"! Glad Jazzy to hear that Jazzy is doing so well!
    Deb Mendez
    www.calmingcollars.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is. It's amazing how great it works. She has it on right now! Is there a way I can clean it without affecting the potency of the herbs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you two!
    We have been keeping tabs on you both as well as Patti & Wayne.We enjoy all the pictures and the blog. You are all getting a nice tan down there. That elf thing was really cute, Meg did not realize at first the elves were some folks she knew, lol.

    Take Care,
    Louie and Meg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear from you Lou. A cold front came in and it was only 74 today. After mid to high 80s it was chilly in the shade! How quickly we adjust to the heat. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, you can surface clean the cover with a damp cloth. You just don't want to get the herbs soaking wet. Keep warm in this cold -- we are in Tampa and cold here in the 60's!

    ReplyDelete